On October 10th, over 1000 techies will be volunteering their time at 27 different sites throughout Boston in support of great nonprofits . Join us at Empire for a rocking after party to celebrate this hard work and to help fund six amazing nonprofit social enterprises! All proceeds from donations will go to support these six great organizations.
Event features include:
- 1000+ of Boston's best innovators for a split outdoor/ indoor party
- The opportunity to fund six non-profits through open source philanthropy
- DJ David Gallant spinning great tunes
- Live Street Band Nemes
- Live performance from Rebecca Liberman
- Live street performances and music
- Great games including baggo and ladder ball
- Ferrari and Lamborghini driving experiences
- Great silent auction including exclusive wines and paintings
- Free food from Empire Lounge
- Free drinks
- Added bonus: We will throw the Sox game on at 8pm for those who are willing to stick around to make it a full night!
Date + Time: October 10th, 2013 from 3:30-7:30pm
Location (UPDATED!): Empire Restaurant and Lounge, 1 Marina Park Drive/ 55 Northern Avenue, Boston MA, 02210
Non-Profits Vying for Funding:
- Build Boston (www.build.org/boston]
- Dream Big! (www.dream-big.org)
- Future Chefs (www.futurechefs.net)
- Latino Stem Alliance (www.latinostem.org)
- Science From Scientists (www.sciencefromscientists.org)
- Youth Harbors (http://www.rediscoveryinc.org/youthharbors)
Want to volunteer during the morning session? Sign up now! www.tugg.org/events/techgivesback2013
Abine, Atlas Venture, Avison Young, Backupify, Bernstein Global Wealth Management, Bit9, Celtra, Clypd, DataXu, Design Exchange Boston, Draft Kings, Ernst & Young, Fashion Project, Foley Hoag, Gilapad, Goodwin Procter, General Catalyst Partners, Grove Street, GW & Wade, Hercules Technology Capital Partners, Insight Squared, Kinvey, Latham & Watkins, MFA CPA, Motorsport Lab, Nexage, Objective Logistics, OpenView Partners, Paypal Boston, Polachi Executive Search, Promoboxx, Punchbowl, Silicon Valley Bank, sqrrl, TriNet, Veracode, WilmerHale, Yesware, ZappRX
BostInno, CO Everywhere, Design Exchange Boston, Idea Week, Mass Challenge, MITX, NEVCA, Terrible Labs, Venture Fizz
Pam Aldsworth, Mike Baker, Phil Beauregard, Matt Bellows, Bob Brennan, Maria Cirino, Jeff Fagnan, Chase Garbarino, Chris Lynch, Charley Polachi, Fred Shilmover
In 2009, leaders from Boston's technology community created a new initiative called TUGG (Technology Underwriting Greater Good) dedicated to catalyzing and spreading social entrepreneurship in New England.
By bringing together technology companies, entrepreneurs, and venture capital, TUGG helps young people realize their full potential by empowering individuals and the community to identify important issues and collaborate to solve them.
Learn more at: www.tugg.org
25 First St, Suite 303
Cambridge, MA 02141