The Exergame Network (TEN) is a not for profit advocacy group promoting exergaming that wishes to give students new opportunities to research this exciting new field.
I am raising money by way of a sponsored skydive on November 18th 2012 to provide TEN with funds to support new generation researchers with their study costs into active gaming / exergaming.
The skydive is a solo jump, which will take 2 days of training that I will pay for myself. All the monies raised will go directly to supporting TEN's aspirations towards quality research in exergaming.
The Exergame Network (TEN) has been long aware that the limitations of exergaming are public knowledge, dissemination, application and study design rather than failings in the equipment and the excellent individuals who deliver the experience to the users. To that end TEN has collaborated to give the top questions, and therefore evidence, required to understand exergaming.
We need studies to show positive results in the following studies;
1. Energy Expenditure (absolute or comparative) - DONE
2. Adherence of Exergaming - DONE
3. Positive Behaviour Effects
4. Gateway Effect
5. Comparative Enjoyment of PA
6. Health Benefits of Exergaming
7. Family health benefits of Exergaming
8. Cognitive benefits of exergaming
9. Improved social confidence from Exergaming
TEN will ask for study designs to be submitted for consideration and the best of these will be decided by a panel of experts for funding and support. As indicated above TEN thinks there is more to funding a study than most other foundations - TEN wants the right questions, right design and right approach, so the award to successful candidates will not only be money. TEN is providing the following;
1. Cash for research assistants / buy out from class
2. Exergaming equipment donation
3. Dissemination opportunities
4. Publication opportunities
5. Academic Support and Exergaming Expertise