Dear friends and family,
I am writing about a great mission trip opportunity I have been given to travel to a region of Nicaragua (Near Managua and Masaya City). It will be with a group from JoyFM, and we will be partnering with Compassion International and two of their partner churches.
Poverty has an especially firm grip in the area we will be visiting, and our team has a desire to bring a message of hope through the love of Jesus to a people who are desperate and hurting. Here are some things we will be doing while we are there:
• Assisting two churches in cleaning, painting, and decorating their facilities.
• Providing Vacation Bible School for two communities.
• Offering any of our skills to work on side projects for the churches in the community.
• Visiting actual homes in the community with baskets of blessing and for prayer.
• Encouraging the workers of the churches in their efforts.
I believe this opportunity will be a huge blessing to the people in Nicaragua, but I also know I will grow tremendously in the process. I feel that God is calling me to go on this mission trip and possibly many more in the future.
The trip is July 27 – August 3 and I need to raise $2200 by April 10th in order to be able to go. The funds for this trip will cover travel, food, and trip expenses – deemed as a fee for service. Due to this, proceeds are not considered by the IRS to be tax deductible. But you can still make your check out to Compassion International. I would greatly appreciate your consideration of supporting me on this mission trip.
I would also appreciate your prayers. Prayer for safe travels, good health, project completion, open hearts for all who are involved, and God’s handiwork for every aspect of the trip.