Sunday, October 1, 2017
Pine Banks Park, Main Street, Melrose and Malden
12:00 pm Go to Registration Table at Pine Banks to check-in and get your T-shirt.
1:00 pm 5K Run starts. Walk begins afterwards and continues.
To register as a WALKER and begin to use Fundraise.com, follow these steps:
Step 1: Sign Up to walk using the Sign Up box on the right.
Once you sign up, you will receive your own fundraising page, which you can share with friends and family to raise money. You have the option of customizing your page with your own pictures, text, and goal. Once your page is completed, press the Close Editor button and click Publish at the top of the page.
Step 2: Start fundraising. You can:
(1) use the email Fundraise.com sends you with the subject line, "Thanks again for your support -- and another simple way you can help" to send emails to your friends and family asking them for donations using your Fundraise.com account.
(2) Or simply copy the web address of your new fundraising page and send it out to your friends and family, via email and social media. They can make a donation to the Walk for Bread directly on your fundraising page.
Just want to make a donation, but don't want to register to walk or run? You can donate to a walker's fundraising page by scrolling down and clicking a Donate Now button.
Want to register as a RUNNER rather than a walker? Register as a runner at:
For more information about the Walk for Bread & 5K Run or Bread of Life, see:
Did you know?
• The 25th Annual Bread of Life Walk for Bread & 5K Run features a free T-shirt and food for all participants, runner prizes, take-aways, and music with DJ Jack Oliva / Showtime Sound and Lighting.
• The event is our biggest fundraiser of the year, providing the funds to enable Bread of Life to eradicate hunger in our neighborhoods.
• Bread of Life is a local nonprofit that provided over one million meals last year, through its combined food programs, including food pantries, evening meals, and food deliveries to senior citizens and homeless families
• Bread of Life runs food pantries for residents of Everett, Malden, Medford, Melrose, Saugus, Stoneham, Wakefield, Winchester, Reading, and North Reading.